my chronicles

thinking seriously aboout non-serious matters ...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let me start with an anecdote, trivial yet one which brings home an important message. Yesterday was one of those days during with I get a rush of enthu to cook. So, immediately after work, I (almost) threw my bag and started hustling towards the kitchen. Opening the small almirahs where i keep my groceries, one by one to find something exciting to start me off. One after the other the ideas went by let's cook A or B or C. Finally I ended up with D, preparing something which I had no clue I would be making. It was delicious nevertheless. But I am not here to brag about my culinary skills. Had I taken a few minutes to think through what I can cook with the stuff I had and the energy, time i can put in, atleast I would have made waguely known the end. On the contrary, the way in which I went about brought maximum satisfaction to me and I couldnt care less what exactly the end result would be, for that matter.
This emphasises my natural disposition to be instinctive. A few close friends made attempts to mention it to me. To be more planned, organised and with probably an end in mind. For some, planning comes quite naturally. Infact some get horny by the idea of making a list with pen and a paper [you need not forgive my language here ;) ]. I am certainly not one of them. It doesnt mean that i hate making plans. The point is: neither way is universally correct. It depends on what one defines the word 'result' . For example take the example of a tour to NewYork. In front of the Niagara falls, savouring every second of the spectacle is what we want. And in the same tour making sure that we have seen as many places as possible in NY is another result. A 'master' is one who can shift between each mindset adeptly, to suit the situation. 'He' is my end-result, now I have to figure out how to go about doing that :P !!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Had I taken a few minutes to think through what I can cook with the stuff I had and the energy, time i can put in, atleast I would have made waguely known the end"


waguely endi bey..vaguely adi..bhadacow

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger chaithu said...

I seriously wonder if are not the "he" you want to be;
Ofcourse there is something called perfecting perfection and there are some people hell-bent on following it; I guess you are also one of those; Ofcourse you wont realize it until u realize it

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ajit said...

fundoo blog ... thoughts well penned down :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home